Bulgarian PM: EC Has To Declare Clearly Gas Hub Balkan Is Necessary for Europe
We want a clear position on the part of the EC that the Balkan gas hub is necessary for Europe, said PM Boyko Borisov in front of journalists after his meeting with High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Federica Mogherini.
Borisov announced that Deputy PM Tomislav Donchev has had meetings in the EC on Wednesday regarding the project for a European gas hub Balkan as a priority project of the EU.
“We want a clear position on the part of the EC that this is necessary for Europe, it is the right thing, and then we can go and negotiate with the suppliers who could transport gas, including Russian ones, which we talked about with President Putin. There are only expert meetings left, the text of the letter is being clarified and it could be ready today,” added Borisov.
Borisov wished good luck to Kristalina Georgieva at the round of voting in the UN on Wednesday. According to him, she is the only candidate for the post of UN Secretary General nominated by Bulgaria.
“We have talked to a lot of people. We have a lot of support. I believe in Mrs. Georgieva and I hope that we will succeed,” stated Borisov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister thinks there was an Explosion on Board Prigozhin’s Plane
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov