Bulgarians in UK Outraged by Paterson's Mocking Comment
There has been outrage among Bulgarians living in the UK following the mocking comments of British Conservative Party politician Owen Paterson, expressing doubt that strawberry pickers from Bulgaria and Romania know how to use a mobile phone.
Bulgarians who work in the UK have frequently been subjected to insults and attacks on the part of British politicians. According to many Bulgarians, the decision taken by most Britons to leave the EU has given a new momentum to hate speech and negative attitudes towards migrants.
The topic of seasonal workers and lack of labour force is becoming ever more heated in the UK against the background of the unclear future of Great Britain after Brexit.
British agricultural producers were enraged by the shutting down of the scheme for the employment of seasonal workers in the sector by current PM Theresa May in her capacity as Interior Minister.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Austria will not support an alternative plan for Bulgaria in Schengen
- » Austria officially said "No" to Bulgaria and Romania in Schengen
- » Rutte: Next year, Bulgaria can take Steps Forward on its way to Schengen
- » European countries increase Trade with Russia, despite the War and Sanctions
- » EC: Bulgaria has ensured even better Protection of the EU External Borders than in the First Inspection
- » Von der Leyen: EU must adapt its Rules in response to US Subsidies