Nine Bulgarians Arrested for Distributing Over Counterfeit EUR 3 M
Nine Bulgarians have been detained as part of a criminal group which distributed and put into circulation fake bank notes of EUR 50 and EUR 100, announced the chief of the Specialised Prosecutor’s Office Ivan Geshev.
Investigators from Europol and Chief Directorate Combating Organised Crime attacked the printing facilities of the criminal group in the industrial zone of the city of Plovdiv. The detainees were discovered at addresses in Sofia and Plovdiv, and some of them were caught while selling the fake bank notes.
The total amount of counterfeit money found after the searches is over EUR 3 M.
One of the detainees is known to the investigators because he has been tried in Germany for counterfeiting money.
The aim of the group was to look for a market for the fake bank notes, added Secretary General of the Interior Ministry Georgi Kostov. He specified that the group has been followed for the last five months.
- » Fibank Launches its Smart Lady Program Aimed at Women in Business
- » Bulgaria Introduces Possibility for Electronic Storage of Employment Documents
- » No Hot Water until 29 August in Big Part of Sofia
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister Says FSC Deputy Chair Should Resign
- » Extraordinary Session in Bulgarian Parliament Scheduled for Tomorrow
- » Gabriela Kozareva is the New Director of the Bulgarian Registry Agency