Bulgaria to Have Interim Parliament Speaker over Presidential Elections
Dimitar Glavchev, the deputy speaker of Bulgaria's national assembly, will head Parliament ad interim, the incumbent speaker Tsetska Tsacheva has said.
It would be wrong for Tsacheva to attend to her duties as Parliament Speaker over the next month, as a presidential campaign is to begin on Friday and her office would give her unfair advantage to other candidates.
Tsacheva will be out of the legislative institution for the time, Focus News Agency quotes her as saying at a briefing.
She was nominated for President by the party of Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, GERB, on Sunday.
Daily 24 Chasa, citing its own sources, has said Glavchev is likely to take over as Parliament Speaker on a permanent basis if Tsacheva is elected President.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: MRF Will Not Support GERB for New Constitution and Grand National Assembly
- » Bulgaria: Chairman of Information Services - 4 Months is the Delivery of Voting Machines
- » Upholding the independence of the Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office: National Meeting on Monday
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet