Bulgaria to Test Warning Siren Systems on October 03
The civil defense sirens of Bulgaria are to be tested in 11 Bulgarian cities on Friday.
At 13:00 local time, an alert message will sound all across the towns and cities of Burgas, Varna, Vratsa, Kardzhali, Montana, Pazardzhik, Pleven, Plovdiv, Ruse, Smolyan, and Sofia.
Every year the test also comprises the 30-km zone around the Kozloduy Nuclear Plant.
There are two tests of the civil defense sirens annually, the next one being on April 01.
The test is carried out according the Order for Early Warnings and Announcement of Disasters. The goal is to make a check of the technical state of the sirens and for the citizens to be aware and able to recognize their sound.
The sirens will be accompanied by information in Bulgarian. There will be also a signal marking the end of the emergency alert.
- » Travel and Read in a Retro Tram in Sofia on May 24th
- » Truck Hit a Bus on Trakia Motorway, 12 People Are in Hospital
- » Minister Neno Dimov: We have Made Significant Progress in Regards to Air Quality During the EU Presidency
- » A Car Hit Two Buses with Children Near Anton Village, Western Bulgaria
- » The 6-year-old Bulgarian Girl, whose Parents were Killed in Cape Town, Returned to Bulgaria
- » Two-year-old Girl was Severely Bitten by a Dog