Bulgaria's UN Secretary General Nominee To Appear Before General Assembly on Monday
The official Bulgarian candidate for UN Secretary General Kristalina Georgieva has published her vision of the activity of the leader of the world organisation on the website of the United Nations Association in Bulgaria.
Georgieva states that the voice of the Secretary General must be heard constantly on a global scale and he/she must insist on action with respect to climate change.
On Wednesday, the Bulgarian government announced its support for the nomination of Georgieva for Secretary General. The former favourite of the country Irina Bokova remains in the race.
In her vision, Georgieva undertakes the obligation to strengthen co-operation with the African Union in the field of conflict prevention, she promises to look for new sources of public financing for the expansion of peace-keeping operations and to attract private investments for the needs of refugees from wars.
According to her, the UN has reached a level where it is viewed as slow-acting, ineffective and lacking focus. Georgieva wants to restore the reputation of the UN as a source of innovations, partnership and results. She is confident that, despite her late entry, she has great chances of becoming the first woman to head the international organisation.
Georgieva will appear before the UN General Assembly for a two-hour question and answer session on Monday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » North Macedonia's President: I will Not Negotiate History with Bulgaria
- » MFA Warned: Bulgarians with Dual Citizenship in Russia are Subject to Mobilization
- » Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Bulgarian Citizens should Hastily Leave Russia
- » Bulgaria’s MFA: The so-called Referendums in Ukraine will Not be Recognized
- » The Bulgarian Embassy in Kyiv is Working Again
- » US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Central and Eastern Europe Robin Dunnigan Visits Bulgaria