Macedonia's Gruevski: Bulgaria Should Set Up New Plaque at Kaimakchalan
“The Republic of Bulgaria is our neighbour, we have a lot of things in common and we have to do everything possible for history to draw us closer together rather than set us apart. Macedonia is a place where many significant historical events have taken place before our country was created. The Republic of Macedonia must allow in a constitutional way the Republic of Bulgaria to put up its own plaque at Kaimakchalan, if the Bulgarians wish to do so,” stated the leader of the ruling party in Macedonia VMRO-DPMNE, Nikola Gruevski.
His comment was made in relation to the desecration of the Kaimakchalan memorial by a Macedonian journalist. Nikola Gruevski adamantly distanced himself from the actions of Milenko Nedelkovski. “We have to take into account the fact that this is a matter of a historical event with the participation of 1.2 million soldiers from two countries – Bulgaria and Serbia and the presence of a huge number of Macedonians.”
Gruevski underlined that since Serbia has set up a plaque at Kaimakchalan, he sees no reason why Bulgaria should not wish to do the same in a legal way.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Special Interview with the Indian Ambassador Pooja Kapur for Novinite.com: India and Bulgaria are Time Tested Friends
- » Iran Pledges to Give More Detailed Responses about Ukrainian Air Boeing Crash
- » Bulgaria’s President: Discrimination against Ethnic Bulgarians in North Macedonia Must Be Done with
- » History Event: Niagara Falls will be Illuminated in the Colors of the Bulgarian Flag on March 3
- » Bulgarian MEP Calls for Restoring Trust between Bulgaria and North Macedonia
- » Vaccination Campaign Kicks off in North Macedonia, Bulgaria Failed to Deliver on Vaccine Promises