Border Police, Prosecutor's Office Uncovers Organised Criminal Group for Human Trafficking
Employees of the Border Police Chief Directorate have arrested an organised criminal group for human trafficking, reported the directorate.
Fifty-year old V.M. and two women – R.P. and A.T. from Sofia have been detained.
Border policemen and investigators carried out searches and confiscations at three addresses in the capital. After the operation, it was revealed that, as of January 2015 until September 2016, an organised criminal group has been functioning on the territory of the country involved in illegal trafficking of people from the Bulgarian-Turkish to the Bulgarian-Serbian border.
The three detainees had connections with traffickers in neighbouring countries, and were involved in the accommodation and transport of illegal migrants. They used different drivers.
After detaining them for 72 hours, the Specialised Criminal Court ruled on the detainment without bail of V.M. and R.P. A.T. For A.T., a bail of BGN 3,000 has been set.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Approves the Report of Prosecutor General Geshev
- » Prosecutor General Geshev: Prosecutor’s Office is Not to Blame for All Problems in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's National Assembly Debating the Request for Resignation of Tsveta Karayancheva
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Health Minister Angelov - Do Not Travel to Blagoevgrad and Targovishte
- » Last Minute: Bulgaria's Leading Party GERB Changed the State of Emergency Measures Act
- » Council of Ministers: Bulgarians Must Observe the Measures, No Checkpoints Between the Cities