Bokova to Continue UN Race Despite Bulgaria's Change of Candidate
UNESCO Director General Irina Bokova has said she will "continue the race" to head the United Nations.
She has used the Twitter account of her campaign that was created back in the spring, after the she was officially proposed for the office.
There are no comments from her official account.
Bokova's comment comes hours after Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov said his country would changes its nomination for UN Secretary General which, until Wednesday morning, had been her.
Borisov named EU Commission Vice President Kristalina Georgieva instead, adding she would be more successful.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Boyko Borissov will not be an MP in the New Bulgarian Parliament
- » Bulgaria: Parts of Kapitan Andreevo Border Checkpoint declared a National Security Object
- » It’s Official: 7 Parties enter the 48th National Assembly in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s President: The Voters clearly told the Politicians that Dialogue is Needed
- » “Democratic Bulgaria” wants Military Aid for Ukraine in the first days of the New Parliament
- » Bulgaria: "Vazrazhdane" will Not Support a Cabinet with a Мandate from another party