Bulgarian Interior Ministry Reports Successful Operation Against Cigarette Smugglers
The Interior Ministry reported a successful operation against cigarette smuggling in which it did not participate but provided information about the criminal group to partner institutions.
16 people were arrested in the operation including 3 Bulgarians. According to the Secretary General of the Interior Ministry Georgi Kostov, “a conspiratory and highly-organised criminal group has been neutralised.”
The group was involved in the illegal manufacturing and distribution of tobacco products on the territory of various European countries.
The operation took place last week in four member-states of the EU – Hungary, Austria, Slovakia and Belgium. The police broke into two factories in Budapest and Vienna, and confiscated 17 tonnes of cut tobacco, more than 500 million cigarettes and equipment used for the illegal activity.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Young Man was Found Dead in the center of Varna, a Murder has been Confirmed
- » Bulgarian Ruja Ignatova is in the Top 10 of the FBI's Most Wanted
- » After the First 13 - Three more Illegally Buried Bodies found near Bankya
- » Teenagers Attacked and Robbed a Postal Worker in Parvomai
- » Bulgaria: 16 Arrested in Smolyan region - Most of them were British Citizens
- » A Suspect of Terrorism has been Detained in Bulgaria at the Request of Norway