Presidential Candidate Oresharski Sees GERB, DPS As Possible Partners
Former PM and current candidate for president Plamen Oresharski sees GERB and DPS as “possible partners” in his pre-election campaign.
“I would like to have the support of GERB; they do not have a candidate still. It is one thing for them to nominate you and another to run as an independent candidate. If you are independent, you have to receive the support of all Bulgarian citizens,” stated Oresharski.
Oresharski was nominated by an initiative committee. His mandate is mostly remembered for the appointment of Delyan Peevski as head of DANS and the closing down of KTB prior to its bankruptcy.
When asked who is behind his surprising nomination, Oresharski retorted adamantly: “No one is behind me. Do you think that I cannot take decisions by myself?”
“I have been asked the question Who? in various contexts over the last three years. Then, political leaders were at the bottom of the Who? question; now I am independent.”
Former BSP leader Sergey Stanishev who nominated Oresharski for PM with a left-wing mandate three years ago, announced that he is surprised by him running for president. Besides the initiative committee, the chairman of EPP expects a political party to back Oresharski as well.
“I am even more surprised by the comments that this is my nomination. I want to make it very clear that I support General Radev,” wrote Stanishev on Facebook.
In turn, the leader of Movemet 21 Tatyana Doncheva stated on Tuesday on Nova TV that “the Peevski circle” is behind Oresharski’s nomination.
“Plamen Oresharski is not a candidate of Boyko Borisov. GERB’s headquarters has a lot of candidates… but Oresharski is not one of them. He is obviously a candidate of Who? but not only. Because I do not think Who? is by itself. He is just the face of a large circle of players who have serious capabilities to influence Bulgaria’s political and economic life,” added Doncheva.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Provocation after Provocation: Macedonians will Block Roads for Bulgarians Heading to Gotse Delchev's Grave
- » Referendum in Bulgaria? Ex-Showman is Gathering Signatures to Change the Republic from Parliamentary to Presidential
- » Bulgarian MEP: The Statement of North Macedonia’s President repeats the Hateful Rhetoric against Bulgaria
- » The Central Election Committee recommends April 2 as the Date for Early Elections in Bulgaria
- » “We Continue the Change” is Negotiating with “Democratic Bulgaria” for Joint Participation in the Elections
- » BSP returned the Mandate to Form a Government: Bulgarians expect a Date for Early Elections