Pensioners Account For 6% of Tourism Proceeds in Bulgaria
Pensioners are merely 10% of the tourists in Bulgaria, while the EU average is 20%, reported Eurostat.
Two-thirds of the pensioners on holiday in Bulgaria are Bulgarians and 30% are foreigners. Pensioners account for 6% of the proceeds in the tourism sector. In 2014, they have contributed EUR 35.6 M to the tourism industry or EUR 21 per day (13.6% less than other holiday-makers).
In the EU pensioners spend about 13% less than other people on holiday.
- » We Can Already Choose Our Seats on the Train
- » The Tourists in Pirin Have almost Doubled
- » Every Fourth Flight from Bulgaria Departed with a Delay in July
- » Thirty-five Bulgarians Cannot Fly out of Frankfurt
- » Bulgarian Tourists Are Blocked on Samothrace in Alexandroupoli Islands
- » Space Tourism - Why Not?