Pensioners Account For 6% of Tourism Proceeds in Bulgaria
Pensioners are merely 10% of the tourists in Bulgaria, while the EU average is 20%, reported Eurostat.
Two-thirds of the pensioners on holiday in Bulgaria are Bulgarians and 30% are foreigners. Pensioners account for 6% of the proceeds in the tourism sector. In 2014, they have contributed EUR 35.6 M to the tourism industry or EUR 21 per day (13.6% less than other holiday-makers).
In the EU pensioners spend about 13% less than other people on holiday.
- » Wizz Air Reported over 1 Million Passengers to Varna for a Year
- » Bulgaria Air Now has Flights to a New Destination - Tbilisi
- » Up to 60 Irish Holidaymakers Left Stranded in Bulgaria after Travel Agents' Failure
- » The Cheapest Spot for Families this Summer
- » The Ministry of Tourism Expects a 5% Increase in Foreign Tourists
- » Bulgarian Hotel Managers: Increases of Prices of Vacations will Come Next Year