160 M Litres of Bulgarian Wine To Be Produced in 2016
About 160 million litres of wine are expected to be made from this year’s grape harvest, announced Agriculture Minister Desislava Taneva.
Nearly 60 million litres of wine will be exported, mostly to traditional markets like Russia, the UK and China.
Minister Taneva added that the number of wine makers in Bulgaria is growing – there are 263 more producers than in 2015 and 19 new wineries are being built at present. The area covered by vineyards has increased by 680 hectares.
“The upward trend is very satisfying, especially against the background of all the difficulties Bulgarian producers face,” added Taneva.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Switzerland has introduced a Mandatory PCR Test Requirement upon Entry
- » Bulgarian Tour Operators are Reporting Increased Interest in Charter Programs for the Holidays
- » US has Introduced Mandatory COVID-19 Negative Test Requirement for those Arriving by Plane
- » Kristalina Georgieva: Omicron could Slow Down the Pace of Global Economic Recovery
- » “The Bulgarian Davos” Event will take place on December 14
- » Bulgarian Schools: Tests for On-site Studying have been provided for All Students starting December 6