Bulgaria's Education System Faces Severe Cadre Crisis Due To Retirement of Teachers
Bulgaria’s education system is facing budget difficulties and a severe cadre crisis due to the retirement of teachers.
Since the beginning of 2016, 7,700 teachers have retired and this number is expected to grow to 10,000 by the end of the year. Initial expectations were for fewer than half this number of teachers to retire in 2016.
If this tendency is maintained next year as well, the education system will face a severe shortage of cadres.
Due to the pace of retirement, the budget for the payment of compensations at retirement is insufficient as well, including the two additional monthly wages for August 2016.
- » Thousands of Students are Taking Bulgarian Language and Literature Exams
- » The Reconstruction of the American College in Sofia was Completed
- » FUNDAY SUMMER ADVENTURE - Summer Children's Program
- » Some of the Libraries in Bulgaria have never been Repaired, most are without a Website
- » 200,000 Bulgarian Students will get Lockers and not Carry Heavy Backpacks
- » The Bulgarian State will Make Preschool Compulsory for 4-year-olds