Hungarian PM Orban: EU Must Build Giant City for Refugees in Libya
“The EU must build a giant city for refugees on the Libyan coast in order to control the process of granting asylum to people from Africa before they reach Europe,” stated Hungarian PM Viktor Orban at a meeting of 10 heads of state in Vienna on Saturday.
Orban, who closed the southern border of Hungary with barbed wire, announced that the EU must take “total control” over its external borders. He suggested that the Libyan government manage the camp.
Orban also called for the lifting of the Western embargo on the supply of weapons to Libya and for supporting the Libyan Liberation Army, a rebel army formerly known as the Free Libyan Army.
- » Manfred Weber: Monitoring Mechanism on Bulgaria Must Be Abolished
- » Greece Shuts Down its Three Largest Migrant Camps
- » France: Nearly 15,000 Households Are still Without Electricity
- » Johnson: After Brexit, EU Citizens Will Be Treated Like Migrants from other Countries
- » The EU Is Launching a Lawsuit against the UK for Refusing to Nominate a Commissioner-Designate
- » Donald Tusk: UK Will Become a "Second-Rate Player" after Brexit