Bulgarian TV Host Registers Committee for Referendum on Political System
Bulgarian talkshow host Slavi Trifonov has filed the documents of an initiative committee that will lead the campaign for his referendum on the politial system.
Registration started earlier in September as Bulgaria braces for a 2-in-1 vote, with presidential elections and the referendum due on November 06.
The three questions in the referendum proposal are related to the introduction of compulsory voting, the introduction of a majority electoral system and cutting the state subsidy paid to political parties and coalitions to BGN 1 for each valid vote won by them in elections.
The three controversial issues were whether the number of MPs should be cut in half to 120, whether to allow remote online voting (already approved in a referendum last year) and whether the top officials at the Interior Ministry's regional directorates should be elected by the people, instead of being appointed.
Some parties, such as left-wing ABV have already urged Bulgarians to vote "yes".
- » Bulgarian PM: Government Allocates BGN 52 Milion for Christmas Bonuses to Pensioners
- » New Checkpoint will be Opened on Romania-Bulgaria Border
- » PM Borisov: Let's not Allow Bulgaria to Become a Cemetery for Old Diesel Cars
- » Train will Connect Bankya and Kazichene
- » A new border checkpoint is opened at the border with Romania
- » Prime Minister Borisov Asked for a Debate on the Issue of Media Freedom in Bulgaria
This person has no family and kids. He proved in a number of events that he is the next fake politician in Bulgaria. Surrounded by armed guards (when no one is threatening him) traveling with very high speed on the highways, endangering other people even shooting on drivers .. he shows behaviors of maniac and that is why he will be accepted in the new political elite.. he is simply the next diversion designed to save a failing system.