10% of Sofia Univeristy Places Remain Vacant After Third-Round Admission
About 10% of the places at Sofia University have remained vacant after the additional admission.
A total of 460 candidates took place in the campaign and 425 were admitted. After the third round of admission, however, there were 1,076 vacant places in 84 university majors. This is equivalent to 20% of the admission for first- year students. In 2015, there were 675 vacant places in 60 majors.
The most worrying fact is that there are vacant places in major jurisprudence – a traditionally sought after degree. After the third round of admission, there were 84 vacant places.
There were 43 vacant places in the history major. The Bulgarian philology major nearly fulfilled its quota but interest in other philology majors was weak.
Vacant places were also announced in pedagogical majors and mathematics which were ranked as priority majors.
- » 7500 Bulgarian Students are Currently Trained in a Real Work Environment
- » BGN 920 will be the Starting Teacher Salary in Bulgaria Next Year
- » Seven Bulgarian Students Received a Harvard Award
- » Thousands of Students are Taking Bulgarian Language and Literature Exams
- » The Reconstruction of the American College in Sofia was Completed
- » FUNDAY SUMMER ADVENTURE - Summer Children's Program
Yes and the main reason is the immense rate of migration out of the country towards the West.. and the reality is that most of the people that migrated did that because of the excessive propaganda for the success of the immigrants, which in some cases is true but in most cases is not.