Bulgarian Vice Minister of Interior Gunev: Bulgaria Can Accept Up To 3,000 More Refugees
“Bulgaria can accept up to 3,000 more refugees in the temporary crisis centres,” stated Gunev. They can be placed in the centres in caravans. Thus, the total capacity for the placement of refugees will become 10.000.
Most of the financing negotiated with the European Commission for dealing with the migrant crisis – 80% - will be used for border defence, stated Deputy Interior Minister Filip Gunev.
“Most of it will be used for the purchase of technical equipment, vehicles, surveillance equipment for the border,” added Gunev.
About EUR 45 M will be used for expanding surveillance equipment systems, including the integrated system for border control. An additional EUR 36 M will be used for the purchase of a ship for Border Police.
The remaining 20% of the entire sum will be used for aiding the State Agency for Refugees. About BGN 5 M will be allocated for the current expenditures on border officials. Around 800 employees of Border Police and the army have been reassigned to the borders.
About EUR 35 M are meant for activities related to the placement of refugees and illegal migrants, and an additional amount is to be allocated for the extension of detention centres, added the Minister.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend