No EU Guarantees for Russian Gas for Balkan Hub To Be Given Soon
The ironclad guarantees demanded by Russian President Vladimir Putin from the EU for the delivery of Russian gas along the bottom of the Black Sea for the Balkan gas hub will not be given soon.
These will depend on the pre-project survey of the regional gas distribution centre near Varna. This is the opinion of the Spokesperson for Specific Energy Union Projects of the European Commission Jakub Adamowicz. He commented on Wednesday that the links between the gas network of Bulgaria and that of Europe and the modernised infrastructure are more important than single projects for the construction of pipelines.
Brussels is ready to finance in half the pre-project survey for the Balkan gas hub, which is expected to be announced at the beginning of next year. Before that, however, an analysis must be prepared of possible sources and routes for the delivery of gas to this centre, its liquidity and profitability. A public procurement order has been announced for the preparation of the document and offers may be submitted as of October 5, 2016. It is on the basis of this public procurement order that the EC expects Bulgartransgaz to request co-financing for the pre-project survey for the hub.
- » PM Borisov: We have the Necessary Infrastructure and Means to Continue "Turkish Stream"
- » The Bulgarian Parliament's Decision: Restart of the Belene NPP Project
- » The Mayor of Bourgas: It is better to Make Electricity from Garbage instead of Burning it
- » Azerbaijani Gas will Reach Bulgaria in 2 Years
- » Production and Consumption of Electricity in Bulgaria are Decreasing
- » Protests "For" and "Against" Belene Nuclear Power Plant
How can a bunch of scared, self appointed bureaucrats occupied to preserve their skins can give any guarantee to someone???? Poor Poor EU you have fallen in the hands of the Germans.. and an indoctrinated Germans at that..indoctrinated with green ideas invented and sponsored by liberal bankers...what a mess.