Bulgaria to Prepare Roadmap on Canadian Visa Liberalization
Bulgaria will draft a roadmap for the criteria it needs to fulfill to get visa liberalization for travels to Canada, the leaders of the two countries have agreed.
Meeding Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev has said the text will be put forward for consideration "as soon as possible", the Bulgarian Presidency quotes Plevneliev as saying.
On the sidelines of the 7th UN General Assembly, the two have agreed that the visa issue remains a priority in bilateral relations.
The question of visa waiver for Bulgaria and Romania, the only two EU member states still not exampted from the regime when traveling to Canada, resurfaced earlier this year when Sofia and Bucharest raised it with the European Commission. However, Canada made clear it would only take the step when the two countries have fulfilled the criteria.
The North American country later announced it would announce a visa waiver schedule in the autumn.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Special Interview with the Indian Ambassador Pooja Kapur for Novinite.com: India and Bulgaria are Time Tested Friends
- » Iran Pledges to Give More Detailed Responses about Ukrainian Air Boeing Crash
- » Bulgaria’s President: Discrimination against Ethnic Bulgarians in North Macedonia Must Be Done with
- » History Event: Niagara Falls will be Illuminated in the Colors of the Bulgarian Flag on March 3
- » Bulgarian MEP Calls for Restoring Trust between Bulgaria and North Macedonia
- » Vaccination Campaign Kicks off in North Macedonia, Bulgaria Failed to Deliver on Vaccine Promises