Bulgaria to Prepare Roadmap on Canadian Visa Liberalization
Bulgaria will draft a roadmap for the criteria it needs to fulfill to get visa liberalization for travels to Canada, the leaders of the two countries have agreed.
Meeding Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev has said the text will be put forward for consideration "as soon as possible", the Bulgarian Presidency quotes Plevneliev as saying.
On the sidelines of the 7th UN General Assembly, the two have agreed that the visa issue remains a priority in bilateral relations.
The question of visa waiver for Bulgaria and Romania, the only two EU member states still not exampted from the regime when traveling to Canada, resurfaced earlier this year when Sofia and Bucharest raised it with the European Commission. However, Canada made clear it would only take the step when the two countries have fulfilled the criteria.
The North American country later announced it would announce a visa waiver schedule in the autumn.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Overview: Where does Bulgaria Stand in the Tense Situation between NATO, Ukraine and Russia
- » Bulgaria and North Macedonia will be Connected via another Border Crossing
- » The OECD is Starting Negotiations with Bulgaria and Five other Countries
- » Bulgarian President to PM of North Macedonia: Let's Make Progress on Important Topics
- » 60.8% of Bulgarians Support North Macedonia in the EU Only Under Fulfilled Conditions
- » Three Memoranda were signed Today between Bulgaria and North Macedonia