Bulgaria to Prepare Roadmap on Canadian Visa Liberalization
Bulgaria will draft a roadmap for the criteria it needs to fulfill to get visa liberalization for travels to Canada, the leaders of the two countries have agreed.
Meeding Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev has said the text will be put forward for consideration "as soon as possible", the Bulgarian Presidency quotes Plevneliev as saying.
On the sidelines of the 7th UN General Assembly, the two have agreed that the visa issue remains a priority in bilateral relations.
The question of visa waiver for Bulgaria and Romania, the only two EU member states still not exampted from the regime when traveling to Canada, resurfaced earlier this year when Sofia and Bucharest raised it with the European Commission. However, Canada made clear it would only take the step when the two countries have fulfilled the criteria.
The North American country later announced it would announce a visa waiver schedule in the autumn.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Immediate Solution to Dispute Between Sofia and Skopje is Impossible
- » Diplomatic Offensive in Brno Inspires Hopes for Solution of Bulgaria-North Macedonia Dispute over Nm EU Acession
- » EU Leaders Discuss Influence and Defense of the Union at Balkan Summit
- » Bulgarian President: Membership of North Macedonia in the EU is Very Important for the Region
- » Bulgaria Reaffirms Determination to Join OECD
- » Russia Declares North Macedonia Diplomat Persona non Grata