Bulgaria to Prepare Roadmap on Canadian Visa Liberalization
Bulgaria will draft a roadmap for the criteria it needs to fulfill to get visa liberalization for travels to Canada, the leaders of the two countries have agreed.
Meeding Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev has said the text will be put forward for consideration "as soon as possible", the Bulgarian Presidency quotes Plevneliev as saying.
On the sidelines of the 7th UN General Assembly, the two have agreed that the visa issue remains a priority in bilateral relations.
The question of visa waiver for Bulgaria and Romania, the only two EU member states still not exampted from the regime when traveling to Canada, resurfaced earlier this year when Sofia and Bucharest raised it with the European Commission. However, Canada made clear it would only take the step when the two countries have fulfilled the criteria.
The North American country later announced it would announce a visa waiver schedule in the autumn.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU Parliament VP Calls for Sanctions on Turkey During December Summit
- » Bulgaria’s Premier Boyko Borissov Broke Silence on North Macedonia Accession Talks
- » Foreign Minister Zaharieva: Bulgaria Cannot Approve EU Negotiating Framework with North Macedonia
- » Bulgaria’s Minister of Foreign Affairs: Moscow Will Benefit if We Shut Our Eyes to Skopje
- » Bulgaria Will Not Greenlight Start of Talks between EU and Skopje
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister Visits Palestine