Fire Rages in Bulgaria's Strandzha
A strong fire is raging 7 km away from the Turkish border near the Momina tsarkva village.
The fire started at around 16:00 hrs and quickly engulfed the forests near the village. Six fire trucks and 20 volunteers have been sent to the area. The wind, however, is very strong and it is difficult to contain the fire.
“There is no immediate danger to the residents of Momina tsarkva,” stated Sredets Municipality Mayor Ivan Zhabov.
The cause of the fire is not clear yet, but it is possible that the forest was torched as a result of a fire made by illegal migrants as was the case a week ago near another village in Strandzha – Gramatikovo.
The area around Momina tsarkva is considered to be a “highway” for illegal migrants crossing the border.
- » Bulgarian MFA: No Injured Bulgarians in the Bus Incident in Istanbul
- » Sofia Innovation Workshop Will Solve Important City Problems
- » Bulgarian Parliament Passed a New Law on the Protection of Trade Secrets
- » Bulgarian Parliament Elected Stefka Stoeva as Chair of the New Central Election Commission
- » New Development with the Concession of Sofia Airport
- » After Meeting with GERB: Volya Party will Stay in Parliament