Fire Rages in Bulgaria's Strandzha
A strong fire is raging 7 km away from the Turkish border near the Momina tsarkva village.
The fire started at around 16:00 hrs and quickly engulfed the forests near the village. Six fire trucks and 20 volunteers have been sent to the area. The wind, however, is very strong and it is difficult to contain the fire.
“There is no immediate danger to the residents of Momina tsarkva,” stated Sredets Municipality Mayor Ivan Zhabov.
The cause of the fire is not clear yet, but it is possible that the forest was torched as a result of a fire made by illegal migrants as was the case a week ago near another village in Strandzha – Gramatikovo.
The area around Momina tsarkva is considered to be a “highway” for illegal migrants crossing the border.
- » Train will Connect Bankya and Kazichene
- » A new border checkpoint is opened at the border with Romania
- » Prime Minister Borisov Asked for a Debate on the Issue of Media Freedom in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian PM: We Will Allocate Nearly 52mln BGN for Christmas Supplements For the Pensioners
- » Minister of Agriculture and Food Opens a Campaign to Support Bulgarian Food Producers
- » Four Newly Elected Constitutional Judges in Bulgaria Took Oaths