Bulgaria-Romania Gas Link 'Hopefully Ready' by End of Year
Bulgarian Energy Minister Temenuzhka Petkova has voiced her hope that the construction of an interconnector with Romania will be complete by the end of 2016, becoming the country's first gas link with a neighboring state.
At an energy conference dedicated to energy security in Southeast Europe, Petkova has underlined that the government must work hard toward building all interconnections linking the gas transit networks of Bulgaria with thouse of neighboring countries.
The interconnection between Bulgaria and Romania has suffered months-long delays, with both sides citing technical difficulties.
"Our government, the Bulgarian Parliament and the energy regulator work hand in hand for the [energy] diversification to become reality," specialized energy website 3e-news.net quotes her as saying.
She has stressed the need for Interconnector Greece-Bulgaria (IGB) to be carried through, bringing the second stage of the market test to a success and enabling construction in a matter of months.
The interconnectors will allow Bulgaria to have "other sources" of gas apart from Russia, Petkova has added.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » TPP ContourGlobal Maritsa 3 produced over 12% of the Electricity in Bulgaria in 2022
- » Bulgaria allowed the Export to Ukraine of Petroleum Products obtained from Russian Crude Oil
- » Bulgargaz offers a Gas Price of BGN 124.35/MWh for February
- » The Construction of the Bulgarian Route of the Gas Connection with Serbia has Started
- » Construction of the Bulgaria-Serbia Gas Connection will begin on February 1
- » Bulgaria: Gas is Expected to be nearly 30% Cheaper in February, Heating and Electricity will Not Increase in price