Negotiations Held With USA, UK, Poland on Common Defence of Bulgarian Air Space
“Bulgaria’s air space has never been more secure,” stated Defence Minister Nikolay Nenchev.
This is how Nenchev commented on the first joint mission with the USA for the defence of Bulgarian air space. Training lasted one week and the old Soviet fighter aircraft MiG 29 and American F-15 took part in it.
“During the week, the air space of Bulgaria was defended better and we had greater security without having to restrict our national sovereignty,” stated Nenchev.
He reminded that negotiations are being held on a similar new mission which will be regulated via a bi-lateral treaty. Talks with the USA and Poland are taking place. The UK has also expressed interest in joint Air Policing
“It depends on us to choose who will replace the Americans for joint Air Policing and, by law, we can decide by ourselves with whom we wish to carry this out. This will be done via a bi-lateral treaty,” added Nenchev.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » “The EU Must Close its Borders to Migrants”, said the Slovenian Interior Minister
- » Bulgarian Border: 30 Illegal Migrants were Detained in Lyaskovets
- » Bulgarian Admiral: Modernization of our Army Can’t Compare to the Pace in Neighboring Countries
- » The Bulgarian Army will Assist the Interior Ministry in Guarding the State Border
- » Bulgaria: In September, Number of Detained Migrants was 28.9% Higher than in August
- » Foreigners with Positions in Bulgaria’s “Arsenal” Weapons Factory Left in Custody