Serbia: Migrant Pressure From Bulgaria Increases Last Two Weeks
In the last 15 days, there has been increased pressure from illegal migrants trying to enter Serbia from Bulgaria, stated the speaker of the Serbian Defence Ministry, Jovan Krivokapic.
Krivokapic announced that a group of 50 migrants was arrested on Wednesday evening and that they have been sent to detention centres.
The joint military-police units patrolling the border have prevented the illegal entry of about 7,500 migrants so far.Besides the use of joint units, Belgrade has also offered assistance to Bulgaria during a meeting of Bulgarian Interior Minister Rumyana Bachvarova and her Serbian counterpart Nebojsa Stefanovic in August.
- » Press Release issued by Ministry of External Affairs of the Republic of India on Pulwama Terrorist Attack in Jammu & Kashmir
- » More than half of Bulgarians Approve the EU's Foreign Policy
- » Repair Closes Another One of the Central Streets in Sofia
- » Deadline for New Cash Registers is Extended to September, but only for Large Companies
- » The Bulgarian-Macedonian Commission Meets in Skopje
- » EU Ready to Allow Britain to Delay its Exit from the Union