Serbia: Migrant Pressure From Bulgaria Increases Last Two Weeks
In the last 15 days, there has been increased pressure from illegal migrants trying to enter Serbia from Bulgaria, stated the speaker of the Serbian Defence Ministry, Jovan Krivokapic.
Krivokapic announced that a group of 50 migrants was arrested on Wednesday evening and that they have been sent to detention centres.
The joint military-police units patrolling the border have prevented the illegal entry of about 7,500 migrants so far.Besides the use of joint units, Belgrade has also offered assistance to Bulgaria during a meeting of Bulgarian Interior Minister Rumyana Bachvarova and her Serbian counterpart Nebojsa Stefanovic in August.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » In Iraq Pope Francis Calls for End to Violence and Extremism
- » Prime Minister Pledges Average Wage in Bulgaria to Be at Least BGN 2,000
- » Bulgaria’s President: US Senate’s Slashing Criticism Is Warning Signal to Our Establishment
- » Bulgaria: Road Police Launches New 3-Day Traffic Safety Operation
- » US Senators: Corruption Sours Our Relations with Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Parliament Says No to Russian Vaccine