Serbia: Migrant Pressure From Bulgaria Increases Last Two Weeks
In the last 15 days, there has been increased pressure from illegal migrants trying to enter Serbia from Bulgaria, stated the speaker of the Serbian Defence Ministry, Jovan Krivokapic.
Krivokapic announced that a group of 50 migrants was arrested on Wednesday evening and that they have been sent to detention centres.
The joint military-police units patrolling the border have prevented the illegal entry of about 7,500 migrants so far.Besides the use of joint units, Belgrade has also offered assistance to Bulgaria during a meeting of Bulgarian Interior Minister Rumyana Bachvarova and her Serbian counterpart Nebojsa Stefanovic in August.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Health Minister Katsarov Signals Sofia Prosecutor and Claims Borissov Spread Lies about Vaccines
- » Bulgarian Lawyer: Kiril Petkov was Not a Minister
- » Constitutional Court: Presidential Decree Appointing Kiril Petkov as Minister Violates the Constitution
- » Macedonian Bulgarians are “For” Bulgaria's Position to Not Support Skopje's EU Negotiations
- » Merkel Received Document for Dismissal from the Post Chancellor of Germany
- » Caretaker Interior Minister: A Minister under Premier Borissov was Paid by a Drug Trafficker