EU Certainly Has Money to Help Bulgaria, Orb?n Tells Borisov
Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orb?n has made clear that, if the EU can find EUR 3 B to give Turkey for its assistance in the migrant crisis, it could also allocate a smaller chunk to Bulgaria.
Orb?n's words, which follow a joint inspection of the Bulgaria-Turkey border with Prime Minister Borisov, come as the latter has called on the EU Commission for a package worth EUR 160 M that, in his words, should be adopted as early as the EU Summit in Bratislava on Friday.
The Hungarian Prime Minister, who has defied Western Europe and Germany's welcome policy toward migrants, has pledged readiness to provide "any kind of assistance" for Bulgaria.
"Borisov could count on us in Bratislava," Focus News Agency quotes him as saying.
"The future of Europe is decided not in Brussels, but where we stand," he has argued.
- » US Ambassador to Bulgaria Visited Headquarters of MRF Party
- » Bulgaria Shows Great Interest in Azerbaijan's Global Projects
- » Bulgaria Appointed Honorary Consul in the Dominican Republic
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Met with the Bavarian Chief Public Prosecutor
- » Morocco's Foreign Minister Arrives on a Visit to Bulgaria
- » Ukrainian Embassy Condemns Visit of Bulgarian Politicians to Occupied Crimea