Juncker Demands More Frontex Staff on Bulgaria-Turkey Border
EU Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker has called for the deployment of more FRONTEX officers and 50 additional vehicles by the end of October.
In his State of the European Union speech, Juncker has said that Europe needs to prioritize security, in view of the growing number of terror attacks in EU member states.
His call follows a letter sent to Prime Minister Boyko Borisov earlier this week in which he assures the latter of Brussels' commitment to Bulgaria's border security.
Sofia has repeatedly said it needs more border assistance from the EU at its frontier with Turkey, in light of an increased inflow of migrants and the possibility that Turkey might choose not to uphold its migrant deal with the EU.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » DW: Boyko Borissov Claims He Copes with Pandemic Best of All - Is it True?
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister to Take Part in Video Conference of European Council
- » EC: Bulgaria Breaches EU Regulations on Racism and Xenophobia
- » Minister of Economy: Bulgaria Boasts Excellent Macroeconomic Indicators despite Pandemic
- » Bulgaria’s Premier: We Will Overcome Pandemic First in EU
- » EC Forecast for Bulgarian Economy: GDP Growth by 2,7 Percent in 2021, 4,9 in 2022