Presidential Summit Begins in Bulgaria's Plovdiv
A meeting of ten presidents of parliamentary republics across the EU is to start in Plovdiv, Bulgaria's second-largest city, on Wednesday.
The migrant crisis is again expected to top the agenda alongside the challenges Europe is facing after Britain's decision to leave the EU.
Presidents of Germany, Italy, Latvia, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Hungary and Finland are to take part. Italy's head of state, Sergio Mattarella, was also a guest to Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev on Tuesday, when he arrived on an official visit.
For Malta, this has been the first year the country is attending, in light of its proximity to a region that is one of the key sources of migrants into Europe.
The Arraiolos meeting is named after the first-ever presidential gathering of this kind in Arraiolos, Portugal.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister to Take Part in EU Foreign Affairs Council in Brussels
- » German Ambassador to Skopje Takes Stand on Bulgaria and North Macedonia Dispute
- » Russian Diplomat Expelled from Albania for Breach of Anti-Epidemic Measures
- » New US President Will Take Tough Stand on Russia
- » US Ambassador H.E. Herro Mustafa: Joe Biden Is Unifier, Bulgaria Is Our Important Ally
- » Bulgarian Ambassador to US: I Hope New President Will Waiver Visas for Bulgarians