Presidential Summit Begins in Bulgaria's Plovdiv
A meeting of ten presidents of parliamentary republics across the EU is to start in Plovdiv, Bulgaria's second-largest city, on Wednesday.
The migrant crisis is again expected to top the agenda alongside the challenges Europe is facing after Britain's decision to leave the EU.
Presidents of Germany, Italy, Latvia, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Hungary and Finland are to take part. Italy's head of state, Sergio Mattarella, was also a guest to Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev on Tuesday, when he arrived on an official visit.
For Malta, this has been the first year the country is attending, in light of its proximity to a region that is one of the key sources of migrants into Europe.
The Arraiolos meeting is named after the first-ever presidential gathering of this kind in Arraiolos, Portugal.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s MFA condemned the Decision of North Macedonia to Erase a Bulgarian Association
- » President Radev: Bulgaria and 9 other ЕU Countries are not Participating in the Joint Procurement of Ammunition for Ukraine
- » Diplomatic Missions in Bulgaria with a Demonstration in Support of Ukraine
- » Ukraine’s Ambassador to Bulgaria: Peace means Victory for Ukraine in this Imperialist War
- » Lithuanian President Decorates Maxim Behar with a State Award for Articles Written in 1991
- » Russian Ambassador: Bulgarians are still a Russophile People