Last Section of Sofia Ring Road's Western Arc to Be Officialy Launched
The Western arc of the Sofia Road will be complete as of Tuesday, with a 2 km stretch that was in construction to be unveiled and opened for use.
The 5.5 km stretch begins from the bridge over the Kakach river to the crossroads of the Western arc with the Northern Speed Tangent.
The Western arc itself is a continuation of Lyulin Motorway and is part of the Orient-East Mediterranean corridor linking the northwestern town of Vidin and Kulata border crossing between Bulgaria and Greece. Being complete, the arc will also serve as a link between Lyulin Motorway and Hemus and Trakia Motorway.
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov, several ministers and Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova, alongside other officials are set to atend the opening ceremony.
The project uses EU funding (from both the 2007-2013 and 2014-2020 periods) and allocations from the national budget.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Woman and a Child Died in a Traffic Accident on the Trakia Highway
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1429 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: There are 34 Active Fires in the Country, the Situation in Most Places is Under Control
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1,636 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » The Extinguishing of Fires all over Bulgaria Continues - “Maritsa” Highway will be Closed
- » Bulgaria: No more Masks in Some Places - See Where they Remain Mandatory