Russia's Lavrov Summons Bulgarian Ambassador over UN Top Job Race
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Larvov has invited Bulgaria's Ambassador to Moscow, Boyko Kotsev, to discuss certain "aspects of the activity of the UN," Lavrov's institution says.
The development follows reports in Bulgarian-language media that Germany and Russia had discussed and agreed that Moscow could back a new possible candidate for the UN Secretary General office.
Russia on Sunday refuted claims there had been a deal with Germany, but argued German Chancellor Angela Merkel had tried to broach the issue.
Germany's diplomatic service later fended off claims by Russia, saying "Germany preferrs not to be involved in speculation with regard to other personalities."
- » US Ambassador to Bulgaria Visited Headquarters of MRF Party
- » Bulgaria Shows Great Interest in Azerbaijan's Global Projects
- » Bulgaria Appointed Honorary Consul in the Dominican Republic
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Met with the Bavarian Chief Public Prosecutor
- » Morocco's Foreign Minister Arrives on a Visit to Bulgaria
- » Ukrainian Embassy Condemns Visit of Bulgarian Politicians to Occupied Crimea