Tourism Minister Declares 2016 Most Successful Year in Last 25 Years
2016 is expected to be the most successful year for the tourism industry in the last 25 years, announced in Plovdiv Tourism Minister, Nikolina Angelkova.
In June and July alone, the number of tourists who came to Bulgaria increased by 23.1%, compared to the previous year. In terms of revenues for the same period, the increase is about 14% (BGN 1 B).
For the first 7 months of the year, revenues were 13-14% more, compared to 2015, added Angelkova. Compared to the most successful year so far – 2014, growth is already 14%, which makes 2016 the most successful year, especially with respect to the summer when expectations almost doubled.
Growth is most noticeable where German tourists are concerned. Their number grew by 38%. Russia ranks second – the increase in the number of tourists was 30%. According to the statistics, the highest growth was reported with respect to Romanian tourists – the expectations of 5% quadrupled.
According to Angelkova, the most important thing is that Bulgaria is headed in the right direction i.e. turning into an all year round destination.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Winter Tourism: Bulgaria Expects a Serious Growth of Tourists in Ski Resorts
- » From October 14, Bulgaria Air Resumes Flights to and from Israel
- » Vaccine Jab Availble at Sofia Airport as of Monday
- » Bulgarian Hoteliers Reluctant to Ask for 'Green Passport' from their Guests
- » Restaurants and Hotels in Bulgaria Will Not Close, Despite Covid Crisis
- » US Lifts Travel Ban for Vaccinated Arrivals Starting November