BGN 1.4 M More Collected in Fight Against Smuggling
Since the beginning of the year, BGN 1.4 B more have been collected in taxes, compared to the previous year, stated Interior Minister Rumyana Bachvarova when asked what is being done in the fight against smuggling.
Bachvarova pointed out that over 46 million cigarettes, over 91,000 litres of alcohol and over 79,000 litres of fuel have been confiscated.
Bachvarova added that there have been very good results and that damages avoided amount to over BGN 19 M, or 60% more, compared to last year.
The Interior Minister stated that, in the first half of the year, there were over 19,760 checks of goods bearing a so-called high fiscal risk at the borders and in the country. Fifteen national operations have been carried out and 180 penalties have been imposed.
- » President Rumen Radev Has Returned the Proposal to Appoint Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General
- » President Rumen Radev with a Statement on the New Attorney General's Decree
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament Accepts the Resignations of Liliyana Pavlova and Volen Siderov
- » Protest Against the Election of Geshev as Chief Prosecutor
- » The 1st Television Interview of Ivan Geshev After His Election as Chief Public Prosecutor
- » The SJC Submits to the President Today its Decision to Appoint a New Attorney General