BGN 1.4 M More Collected in Fight Against Smuggling
Since the beginning of the year, BGN 1.4 B more have been collected in taxes, compared to the previous year, stated Interior Minister Rumyana Bachvarova when asked what is being done in the fight against smuggling.
Bachvarova pointed out that over 46 million cigarettes, over 91,000 litres of alcohol and over 79,000 litres of fuel have been confiscated.
Bachvarova added that there have been very good results and that damages avoided amount to over BGN 19 M, or 60% more, compared to last year.
The Interior Minister stated that, in the first half of the year, there were over 19,760 checks of goods bearing a so-called high fiscal risk at the borders and in the country. Fifteen national operations have been carried out and 180 penalties have been imposed.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend