Hungarian Police To Patrol Serbian-Bulgarian Border
A Hungarian police unit with full technical equipment will patrol the Serbian-Bulgarian border, announced Serbian Interior Minister, Nebojsa Stefanovic.
The Minister added that the authorities in Belgrade have already asked the Austrian and French police for assistance. According to him, additional foreign forces will contribute to “the stability and security of state frontiers”.
“It is our task to find a model for stopping illegal traffic across the border and, due to this, we have engaged a significant number of policemen and soldiers to secure our borders with Bulgaria and Macedonia,” added Stefanovic.
According to Belgrade, migration pressure from Bulgaria and Macedonia towards Serbia has increased over the last 5 days. In this period, 1,044 migrants have tried to cross the Serbian state border. Merely a day ago, Bulgarian Interior Minister, Rumyana Bachvarova, stated that Belgrade has admitted that “the flow from Bulgaria is not as heavy as reported a few months ago”.
- » Mariya Gabriel Is an EPP Vice-President Candidate
- » PM Borissov: Bulgaria's National Security Is Guaranteed only within NATO
- » Christine Lagarde's Team at the European Central Bank is Made up Entirely of Men (PHOTO)
- » New Protest against the Election of Attorney General - Ivan Geshev
- » Korneliya Ninova Met with United States Ambassador to Bulgaria Mrs. Herro Mustafa
- » PM Borissov: Greece-Bulgaria Interconnector Pipeline Is of Strategic Importance for Ensuring Energy Security in the Region