Hungarian Police To Patrol Serbian-Bulgarian Border
A Hungarian police unit with full technical equipment will patrol the Serbian-Bulgarian border, announced Serbian Interior Minister, Nebojsa Stefanovic.
The Minister added that the authorities in Belgrade have already asked the Austrian and French police for assistance. According to him, additional foreign forces will contribute to “the stability and security of state frontiers”.
“It is our task to find a model for stopping illegal traffic across the border and, due to this, we have engaged a significant number of policemen and soldiers to secure our borders with Bulgaria and Macedonia,” added Stefanovic.
According to Belgrade, migration pressure from Bulgaria and Macedonia towards Serbia has increased over the last 5 days. In this period, 1,044 migrants have tried to cross the Serbian state border. Merely a day ago, Bulgarian Interior Minister, Rumyana Bachvarova, stated that Belgrade has admitted that “the flow from Bulgaria is not as heavy as reported a few months ago”.
- » Ekaterina Zaharieva to Participate in the Black Sea Economic Cooperation Forum
- » Ivan Geshev Takes Office on December 18th
- » PM Borissov: Bulgaria Remains a Highly Committed and Responsible NATO Ally
- » EU Leaders Meet at their Last Summit for 2019
- » Extraordinary General Election in the UK Today
- » PM Boyko Borissov Meets with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg