Hungarian Police To Patrol Serbian-Bulgarian Border
A Hungarian police unit with full technical equipment will patrol the Serbian-Bulgarian border, announced Serbian Interior Minister, Nebojsa Stefanovic.
The Minister added that the authorities in Belgrade have already asked the Austrian and French police for assistance. According to him, additional foreign forces will contribute to “the stability and security of state frontiers”.
“It is our task to find a model for stopping illegal traffic across the border and, due to this, we have engaged a significant number of policemen and soldiers to secure our borders with Bulgaria and Macedonia,” added Stefanovic.
According to Belgrade, migration pressure from Bulgaria and Macedonia towards Serbia has increased over the last 5 days. In this period, 1,044 migrants have tried to cross the Serbian state border. Merely a day ago, Bulgarian Interior Minister, Rumyana Bachvarova, stated that Belgrade has admitted that “the flow from Bulgaria is not as heavy as reported a few months ago”.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s President Dissolved the Caretaker Cabinet and Appoints a New One from Tomorrow – Only One Minister is New
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament declared the Holodomor in Ukraine a Genocide - Two Parties Voted "Against"
- » Last Meeting of the Caretaker Government, PM with a Speech: The State is Not for Private Use, the State is for the People
- » The US to Bulgaria and North Macedonia: Quickly Solve your Problems and Reduce Tension
- » WCC and DB accuse the other parties of a Conspiracy against the Admission of Bulgaria to the Eurozone
- » Bulgaria’s Ecominister: We are Not Prepared with an Alternative to Coal Plants