Hungarian Police To Patrol Serbian-Bulgarian Border
A Hungarian police unit with full technical equipment will patrol the Serbian-Bulgarian border, announced Serbian Interior Minister, Nebojsa Stefanovic.
The Minister added that the authorities in Belgrade have already asked the Austrian and French police for assistance. According to him, additional foreign forces will contribute to “the stability and security of state frontiers”.
“It is our task to find a model for stopping illegal traffic across the border and, due to this, we have engaged a significant number of policemen and soldiers to secure our borders with Bulgaria and Macedonia,” added Stefanovic.
According to Belgrade, migration pressure from Bulgaria and Macedonia towards Serbia has increased over the last 5 days. In this period, 1,044 migrants have tried to cross the Serbian state border. Merely a day ago, Bulgarian Interior Minister, Rumyana Bachvarova, stated that Belgrade has admitted that “the flow from Bulgaria is not as heavy as reported a few months ago”.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Parliament Rejects Another Legislative Veto by President
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov: We Keep Over 300,000 Jobs Until September 30 with the Measure 60/40
- » Bulgaria's Health Minister Ananiev with Four New Orders for the Emergency Epidemic Situation
- » Official: EU Opens Borders to 14 Third Countries
- » Government of India Bans 59 Mobile Apps
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov, Health Minister and NOH Discussed the Distribution of COVID-19 in Bulgaria