Reformist Bloc Confirms ex-EconMin's Presidential Nomination
The Reformist Bloc (RB) coalition's top decision-making body has decided to support former Economy Minister Traycho Traykov as a presidential candidate in the forthcoming elections.
Traykov's nomination was initially raised last week, but was opposed by the Union of Democratic Forces (UDF), one of the biggest parties within the bloc, several days later. It then put forward the name of Grozdan Karadzhov, who was elected to Parliament as a member of the RB's Civic Council.
However, Dnevnik.bg quotes UDF leader Bozhidar Lukarski as saying before the RB's Thursday meeting his party will not hinder the nomination of Traykov if all other members of the bloc accept it.
Karadzhov's candidacy has been blocked by the Bulgaria of Citizens Movement (DBG), another major party in the bloc, Lukarski has added.
DBG has often questioned the Civic Council's legitimacy as an instrument of the party's decision-making.
The RB, a loose alliance of right-wing and centrist parties, is the junior partner in Bulgaria's coalition government. One of its parties, the Democrats for Strong Bulgaria (DSB), withdrew its support from the cabinet and moved into opposition, even though the Health Minister, then deputy chair of DSB, remained in office
- » Record Copyright Revenues Collected in Bulgaria
- » Montana Received Nearly BGN 11 Million to Stimulate Households for More Ecological Heating
- » Bulgarian Railways BDZ Provides Services for People with Disabilities
- » Outgoing Central Election Commission Reports on its 5-year Term of Office
- » New Pension Calculation Formula in Bulgaria will not Lead to Pension Cuts
- » Intelligent Transport System Will Be Built on Trakia Motorway
this person facilitated the 20 billion worth photo voltaic debt of Bulgaria which is ruining our economy.... the poor old population of rural Bulgaria cant pay its electricity bills now.. and this debt did not facilitate the economic development..... it is only debt.. pure debt.