Bulgaria FM to Attend Euro-Arab Meeting on Mediterranean Security
Security and stability in the Mediterranean region will be the focus of a meeting on Thursday bringing together European and Arab leaders to which Bulgaria's Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov has been invited, his institution says.
As many as 16 states will be represented, the vast majority of them bordering the Mediterranean sea.
This includes both EU and Middle Eastern and North African countries.
The event will take place on the Greek island of Rhodes and will focus on solutions to the migrant crisis and other risks to regional security.
Together with Mediterranean countries, Bulgaria has been largely exposed to the inflow of Middle Eastern migrants that peaked last year.
Despite not sitting on the so-called Western Balkans route which was used by migrants in the summer of 2015, Bulgaria has seen a rising migratory pressure on its border with Turkey sometime after the route was practically closed last year, the government in Sofia has argued.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian PM on North Macedonia: We are Preparing a Joint Celebration of Gotse Delchev
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: No Need to Evacuate our Embassy in Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: The Risk for Bulgaria is related to the Security in the Black Sea region
- » Overview: Where does Bulgaria Stand in the Tense Situation between NATO, Ukraine and Russia
- » Bulgaria and North Macedonia will be Connected via another Border Crossing
- » The OECD is Starting Negotiations with Bulgaria and Five other Countries