Four Dead, One Missing as Greece Hit by Flash Floods
At least four people have lost their lives and one remains missing after parts of Greece were hit by heavy floods, English-language Kathimerini reports.
The victims were all senior citizens from the southern Peloponnnese.
A state of emergency was declared in five municipalities, amid fears death toll might rise.
Private and business property, infrastructure, and livestock have been substantially damaged in the areas affected by the floods.
The southern Peloponnese city of Kalamata, but also Thessaloniki in the north were left severely affected. Local media showed images of cars taken to the see by the rainwater flooding the streets.
Heavy downpours in Greece are expected to go on for several more days and authorities are bracing for new storms.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: We Look Forward to Northern Macedonia Joining NATO
- » The Early Elections in Northern Macedonia Will Be on April 12th
- » Erdogan Threatens EU to Open Borders to Refugees
- » Northern Macedonia is Expected to Receive the Green Light to Begin EU Accession Talks
- » Turkey Sells Two of Its Islands
- » Athens Blamed Ankara For the Migrant Crisis