Plovdiv To Receive Most Prestigious World Award for Tourism
As of Wednesday until September 11, Plovdiv, Bulgaria's second-largest city, will host one of the most prestigious events in the tourism sphere – the annual awards of the World Federation of Travel Journalists and Writers – FIJET.
The organiser of the forum is Operational Programme Tourism. Journalists from 12 countries, including the UK, France, Romania, Spain, Croatia and Egypt will write about Plovdiv and publish their articles around the world.
The La pomme d'or award – Golden Apple award – is the equivalent of an Oscar in the tourism industry. It will be presented to the Mayor of Plovdiv, Ivan Totev. The Golden Apple award has been presented to more than 50 recipients from 1970 to the present day.
- » Up to 60 Irish Holidaymakers Left Stranded in Bulgaria after Travel Agents' Failure
- » The Cheapest Spot for Families this Summer
- » The Ministry of Tourism Expects a 5% Increase in Foreign Tourists
- » Bulgarian Hotel Managers: Increases of Prices of Vacations will Come Next Year
- » Turkey is in the Top 10 in the Inbound Tourism Markets for Bulgaria
- » Up to BGN 4.7 Million is the Income from Overnight Stays in Plovdiv