Slovenia: Bulgaria Should Receive Support Against Migrants
The next immigrant wave could lead to conflicts in the Balkans, warned the Slovenian Prime Minister, Miro Cerar. “We have to do everything possible along the external borders in order to protect the Balkans from conflicts and the disintegration of Schengen… If the Balkan route is re-opened, this will lead to conflicts in the region – in Central Europe and in the Western Balkans.” According to Cerar, if a situation is reached where there are too many immigrants, it will result in conflicts since closing the borders means that no more people from neighbouring countries will be accepted. This domino effect will cause grave damage to the economy and to tourism.
With respect to the agreement with Turkey, Cerar specified that it is a part of the necessary actions but that these actions are not sufficient. Cerar reminded of his initiative to help Greece and create a second control line along the border with Macedonia which had an immediate effect. In his opinion, when Macedonia closed its borders, the Greeks were forced to do something. “We have to be frank – the Greeks are not defending their Schengen borders sufficiently… Bulgaria and Macedonia should receive greater financial aid,” added Cerar.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Economy Minister: I will Approve All Arms Deals that are OK. I cannot Restrict Exports to any Country
- » Former Economy Minister: Bulgaria must hold Immediate Negotiations with "Gazprom"
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker PM urged the Police: Stop the War on the Roads!
- » Fifty People Protested in front of the Bulgarian Embassy in Skopje
- » The Ministry of Transport will Manage "Bulgarian Posts"
- » Foreign Minister: Joining the OECD is Bulgaria's most Serious Integration Effort after the EU and NATO