Wildfire Near Bulgaria’s Galabovo Extinguished
The wildfire between the villages of Glavan and Madrets in the southern Bulgarian municipality of Galabovo has been extinguished after having raged for three days.
This was announced by the interior ministry’s regional directorate Fire Safety and Civil Protection in Stara Zagora, private bTV station informed on Sunday.
It took the efforts of more than 200 firefighters, forest workers and troops to extinguish the fire which destroyed 2500 decares of mixed forest.
The causes of the fire are being investigated, but according to specialists it most likely started due to human negligence.
Another large wildfire raging in southern Bulgaria between the villages of Pokrovan and Huhla in the municipality of Ivaylovgrad has been localized on Saturday.
Thirty servicemen from the Bulgarian Land Forces with five specialized machines and Mi-17 helicopter of the Bulgarian Air Force were used to localise the fire, which had engulfed bushes, arable land and forest.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Car with Ukrainian Registration was Set on Fire in Varna
- » A Dead Newborn wrapped in a Plastic Bag was found in Sofia
- » A 38-year-old Man from Burgas was Detained for Hammering Pickaxes into Ukrainian Cars
- » A Bus with Ukrainian Citizens caught Fire in Bulgaria
- » 4 People Died in a Fire at a Nursing Home in Varna
- » Cuba: At least 22 Casualties in a Hotel Explosion in Havana