Wildfire Near Bulgaria’s Galabovo Extinguished
The wildfire between the villages of Glavan and Madrets in the southern Bulgarian municipality of Galabovo has been extinguished after having raged for three days.
This was announced by the interior ministry’s regional directorate Fire Safety and Civil Protection in Stara Zagora, private bTV station informed on Sunday.
It took the efforts of more than 200 firefighters, forest workers and troops to extinguish the fire which destroyed 2500 decares of mixed forest.
The causes of the fire are being investigated, but according to specialists it most likely started due to human negligence.
Another large wildfire raging in southern Bulgaria between the villages of Pokrovan and Huhla in the municipality of Ivaylovgrad has been localized on Saturday.
Thirty servicemen from the Bulgarian Land Forces with five specialized machines and Mi-17 helicopter of the Bulgarian Air Force were used to localise the fire, which had engulfed bushes, arable land and forest.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Woman Died in an Accident at the Brikеl TPP
- » The Pack of Dogs that Killed a Woman in Bulgaria have been Put Down
- » Bulgaria: A 3-Year-Old Child died after a Home Boiler Explosion in Ruse
- » A Pack of Stray Dogs Killed a Woman in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: New Series of Bomb Threats in dozens of Schools in Sofia, Varna and Burgas
- » Bulgaria: Hurricane Wind Damaged a Commercial Establishment and Cars in Pazardzhik