Uzbek President Karimov Dies Aged 78 - Reports
Uzbekistan's President Islam Karimov has reportedly passed away at the age of 78, Reuters and Anadolu Agency quote diplomatic sources as saying.
Karimov was known to be critically ill for several days, having been hospitalized on August 28.
According to Anadolu's sources, his death was caused by a brain hemorrhage.
Karimov became the first President of Uzbekistan in 1990, having served uninterruptedly since then.
The information is yet to be confirmed by Uzbek authorities.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 394 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The West must Prepare for a Long War, according to NATO Chief
- » North Korea tested an Underwater Nuclear-Capable Attack Drone
- » New Protests in France against the Pension Reform turned into Riots
- » Hungary will not Arrest Putin if he visits the country
- » A Romanian Court extended the Detention of Influencer Andrew Tate
- » Day 393 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At Least 14 Dead after Russian Strikes on Civillian Infrastructure