Bulgaria's Reformist Bloc Nominates ex-EconMin for President
The Reformist Bloc (RB) coalition, the junior partner in Bulgaria's minority government, has raised the candidacy of Traycho Traykov, a former Economy Minister, for the upcoming presidential elections.
RB, a loose alliance of right-wing and centrist parties, will also put forward the name of Sabi Sabev, a retired general, as Traykov's running mate.
Traykov, currently a municipal councillor in Sofia, served as an Economy Minister in the previous government of Boyko Borisov that came to power in 2009, but was dismissed following a high-profile delegation visit to Qatar.
His name will officially be proposed to the bloc's Executive Council, which is its top decisionmaking body.
- » Bulgaria's City of Varna Opens Tender for Supply of Electric, Hybrid Vehicles
- » Sofia Mayor: 90% of Buses in 2019 will be New and up to Highest Environmental Standards
- » Today Begins the Sale of Electronic Vignettes
- » Protest Against the Increased Water Prices is Expected Today in Sofia
- » 24 km more from the Struma Мotorway will be Open for Exploitation
- » Specially Formed Committee to Investigate Data of Corrupt Citizenship Awarding System