Bulgaria's Reformist Bloc Nominates ex-EconMin for President
The Reformist Bloc (RB) coalition, the junior partner in Bulgaria's minority government, has raised the candidacy of Traycho Traykov, a former Economy Minister, for the upcoming presidential elections.
RB, a loose alliance of right-wing and centrist parties, will also put forward the name of Sabi Sabev, a retired general, as Traykov's running mate.
Traykov, currently a municipal councillor in Sofia, served as an Economy Minister in the previous government of Boyko Borisov that came to power in 2009, but was dismissed following a high-profile delegation visit to Qatar.
His name will officially be proposed to the bloc's Executive Council, which is its top decisionmaking body.
- » With Money From Europe: Free Wi-Fi Network in 113 Municipalities in Bulgaria Will be Build
- » Ministry of Interior: Telephone Fraudsters Earn BGN 8-10 million Per Year
- » Heat Companies in Bulgaria Want an Increase in the Price of Heating by Up to 108%
- » Iliana Yotova Talks With Foreign Students of Bulgarian Origin
- » Reuters: Bulgaria Says Oman has Withdrawn Arbitration Claim over Corpbank
- » After Five Unexcused School Absences Social Benefits Suspended for a Year Decides Bulgarian Parliament