Pironkova Drops Out of US Open in 2nd Round
Bulgaria's highest-ranking female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova on Wednesday suffered a defeat in the second round of US Open, failing to make it past Johanna Konta of the UK.
Pironkova lost to the world's No 14 2:6, 7:5, 2:6.
The game, which went on for over two and a half hours, was interrupted twice as Konta had to receive medical assistance.
US Open was the last Grand Slam tournament for the year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend