Brazil's Dilma Rousseff Impeached
The Senate of Brazil has voted to impeach President Dilma Rousseff, local and world media report.
A majority of 61, out of 81, senators have backed the move.
Michel Temer is now confirmed as the country's new President.
The Senate's move to strip Rousseff of her presidency put an end of the 13-year rule of her Workers' Party.
She maintains the charges against her - of using public funds unsanctioned before reelection - are only political.
- » French Football Legend and Former UEFA President Michel Platini Was Arrested
- » UN: By 2100, Earth's Population Could Reach a Peak of 11 Billion People
- » Greece Will Ask the EU to Impose Sanctions on Turkey
- » Plane Blew Tires upon Landing at US Airport
- » Boris Johnson Remains the Favourite for May’s Position
- » Tourism in Sri Lanka Revives after the Bomb Attacks