Brazil's Dilma Rousseff Impeached
The Senate of Brazil has voted to impeach President Dilma Rousseff, local and world media report.
A majority of 61, out of 81, senators have backed the move.
Michel Temer is now confirmed as the country's new President.
The Senate's move to strip Rousseff of her presidency put an end of the 13-year rule of her Workers' Party.
She maintains the charges against her - of using public funds unsanctioned before reelection - are only political.
- » 90 People Were Detained during Protests in Paris
- » Migrant Situation in Greece Gets even Worse - Lesbos Camp Is Overcrowded
- » Four People Were Killed in the Floods in Texas after Imelda
- » 600 Protests Are Planned in the United States on September 20-27
- » Queen Elizabeth II Owns Four Apartments in Moscow, but She May not Know about them
- » Mark Zuckerberg Met Donald Trump at the White House