Bulgaria's Main Ruling Party to Name Presidential Pair on Oct 2
GERB party of Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has said it will unveil its candidates for President and Vice President of the country on October 02.
The move will come just a week ahead of the start of election campaign that is due on October 09.
The date has been approved by the party's Executive Committee, its decisionmaking body, GERB has announced in a statement to the media.
The conservative party, which is the senior coalition partner in Bulgaria's minority government, has repeatedly refused to name its candidate.
Speculation has been rife whether Borisov will choose to run himself or will put forward close affiliates within the party.
- » Parliament Officially Goes into Election Vacations Until October 25 Inclusive
- » We are Celebrating the Feast of Aviation and the Bulgarian Air Force
- » After the Security Council: Bulgaria Urges Turkey to Suspend Military Operation in Syria
- » The Security Council will Meet Today Due to the Situation in Syria
- » 40% of the Roads in Bulgaria are in Poor Condition
- » Rosen Plevneliev: Northern Macedonia MUST Be in the EU, Macron is Wrong