Bulgaria's Main Ruling Party to Name Presidential Pair on Oct 2
GERB party of Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has said it will unveil its candidates for President and Vice President of the country on October 02.
The move will come just a week ahead of the start of election campaign that is due on October 09.
The date has been approved by the party's Executive Committee, its decisionmaking body, GERB has announced in a statement to the media.
The conservative party, which is the senior coalition partner in Bulgaria's minority government, has repeatedly refused to name its candidate.
Speculation has been rife whether Borisov will choose to run himself or will put forward close affiliates within the party.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet
- » Protests in Bulgaria: 15th Day - Protesters Closed Ten Junctions in Sofia, Thrown Sunflower Seeds and Candy in Front of the Council of Ministers
- » Protests in Bulgaria: 14th Day in a Row Under the Motto "Let’s Block Sofia First and Then the State"
- » 13 Days Protests in Bulgaria: "We Are the Vote of No Confidence"