Alexis Tsipras: EU is Sleepwalker, Closing In on the Abyss
Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras noted that Greece has already compied with the EU rules and regulations and now expects more measures that will allow it to stay afloat financially.
''The EU is like a sleepwalker, moving towards the abyss by insisting for more financial cuts. This is how huge financial gaps between member-states are created,'' Tsipras shared with the Realnews, as quoted by Reuters.
In his words, if there is a debt reduction for Greece, budget deficits will be significantly lower over the next several years. This in its turn will slowly allow the economy to recover after 2018.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » European Commission Signs Contract with Gilead to Secure EU Access to Remdesivir
- » Belgium, Greece, Germany and Austria Tighten Measures Against the Coronavirus
- » Michel Barnier Accused Boris Johnson of Not Keeping His Promises
- » Brussels warns: Coronavirus Pandemic Threatens the Future of the Eurozone
- » Heads of EU and Western Balkans Countries will Meet Virtually
- » The EC Raised 7,4 Billion Euros to Develop a COVID-19 Vaccine