Thousands Commemorate the Epic Shipka Battle
Thosands of people across Bulgaria gathered near Bulgaria's legendary Shipka peak in order to commemorate the epic battle of defending the fortress during the Russian-Turkish War of 1877.
''I think that today is the day we should turn to our hearts and ask ourselves what we can and what we are wlling to give back to Bulgaria,'' said general ileutenant Konstantin Popov. In his words each and every person climbing the steps to the Shipka monument should ask themselves if we would like to be like their glorious forefathers and if they can rebuild Bulgaria once more.
The celebration continued with realistic reenactments of the battle and then proceeded to a concert, commemorating the historic events.
In addition, 170 children competed in an improvised competition of who will reach the top step of the monument first.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 1,892 Newly Infected, 79 Fatalities
- » Bulgarian Energy Ministry Set to Help Businesses Affected by High Electricity Prices
- » Interior Ministry Busted Crime Group Issuing Fake Labor Disability Certificates
- » Macron Unveils wrapped Arc de Triomphe in Paris
- » Russians Head to Polls amid Low Appoval for Putin's United Russia, App of Alexei Navalny Removed
- » Russia Needs to Work with Taliban Government in Afghanistan - Vladimir Putin