Bulgarian Rhythmic Gymnastics Team Receives Warm Welcome at Sofia Airport
The "Golden Girls of Bulgaria", as they are often being called, were received by hundreds of people at Sofia Airport upon their arrival from Rio de Janeiro.
Young and adult fans of the girls received them by screaming ''You are golden!", and equipped with tons of posters and Bulgarian flags.
The team of Mihaela Maevska, Reneta Kamberova, Hristiyana Todorova, Tsvetelina Naydenova and Lyubomira Kazanova won the long-awaited medal from Olympic Games - a bronze that is largely revered because of the tremendous competition.
After the stress of the attempted suicide by team-member Tsvetelina Stoyanova just two months before the big competition, it almost seemed that the dream of an olympic medal was out of reach.
''I am extremely happy, I have no words to explain how I feel at the moment. I was the person who made a mistake on Saturday at the qualifying round, it was my first mistake in 8 years, I cried a lot, I took it very hard ..., '' Reneta Kamberova shared. ''
''A total of five minutes literally determines the outcome of your hard work of 4 years. The finals at the Olympics were extremely stressful for all of us,'' head coach of the Bulgarian national team Ina Ananieva shared. "Over the past 8 years, the girls won a total of 81 medals. After everything they've been through, they truly deserved that medal.''
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Who Are Bulgaria’s Opponents in Their Euro 2024 Qualifying Campaign?
- » Russia received an Invitation to Play in the Central Asian Football Association
- » Djokovic was not Allowed into the US without a COVID-19 Vaccine
- » Bulgarian Albert Popov Recorded a Historic Ranking with his First Podium in the Skiing World Cup
- » English Greyhound Derby 2023: Who Will Claim the Crown?
- » Who Are the Favorites for the 2023 Cheltenham Festival Championship Races?