Homeless Person Accused for Fire in Plovdiv's Tobacco Warehouse
Plovdiv Regional court has left the accused of the fire in the tobacco warehouse homeless person in custody.
The accused Lyubomir Danchev is 44 years old, unmarried and lives in Plovdiv. According to his lawyers' statements he is innocent of the crime. The punishment for arson in Bulgaria could be between 5 and 15 years in prison.
''It's impossible for a cigarette to light such a huge fire in the warehouse. Even if we assume that was the case, then the accident happened without any intention. Lyubomir Danchev is the scapegoat of the local Prosecutor's Office,'' the lawyers added.
The prosecutor, however, pointed out that Danchev has caused similar incidents in his previous places of residence, one of which was his father's house.
- » British Man Charged with Child Sex Abuse in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Special Prosecutor's Office: Charges Brought Against 4 People for Organ Trafficking
- » Seven People Killed in Terrorist Attack in Turkey
- » Illegal Organ Donor Scheme Busted in Bulgaria
- » The Bulgarian Who Went Missing in Maidstone Was Found Dead
- » Google and YouTube Fined for Collecting Data from Children Under 13